Saturday, September 4, 2010

Silent Friday

No podcasts on Friday because I need a better pair of headphones.  I can hear cars extemely well because I only listen to interviews, and not music, so I don't feel there's any danger in that.

The weather has been exceptional and today was an ideal day for biking: Blue sky, slight breeze and cool.  I normally take the coastal route through Stanley Park on Fridays, but didn't bother today. I always intend to leave a bit early on Friday, but as usual I wound up cycling out around 6pm and met my friend Cliff, who wanted to set my crab trap off the coast. We didn't get out until dark and had a great time on the water, but his motor had trouble due to a blocked fuel line so I rowed part of the way.

I picked up the trap a few hours ago (it's Saturday now) and had 3 large Dungeness crabs, and a couple of large starfish that were munching on the bait and keeping other crabs from being caught. I put in new bait and we'll retrieve it tomorrow. Wow, the Pacific northwest sure has its attractions.

No comments: